Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First letter to family!

FAMILIA!!!!!!!!!
 
     Hi there!  Well, I finally get to write you all.  LOL.  The first week leading up to my first P-day was a long one, but guess what...I made it!  Brazil is awesome!  The culture is so rich down...and the people love you.  We have Brazilians here in the CTM and they help learn the language a lot.  Of course they laugh at you because you don't have an accent yet, but you can't help but laugh yourself.  LOL.  The food is good.  A lot of rice and beans, but I love it!  We eat a lot of chicken and many people drink Guadana...which I think is a ginger ale of some sort or fruit drink...lol.  I will figure out what it is eventually.  I drink water mostly. 
     This first week has gone by fast because I am in a classroom for about 12 hours a day doing Personal Study, Language Study, Grammar Class, Investigator Training, and Learning Language in Specific Gospel areas such as saying prayers, or bearng my testimony.  It is good.  They language is coming slowly along, but it is still the first week...right?  LOL. 
     Oh, I exchanged my money at the airport so I am set for the duration of my CTM stay.  I leave here October 23rd....if I pass my grammar test.  If i don't...I get to spend one more week with my lovely instructors. :) 
     My companions name is Sister Walker.  She is from Orem, Utah and was a physical therapist's assistant before reporting to the mission field.  :)  She is hilarious and guess what?  She quotes movies with me and guess what else....She quotes Muppet Treasure Island with me!!!! YAY!   It is awesome.  We are the only Sisters in our district of 10 and in our Branch of 40.  But our District especially is hilarious.  lol.  Mail is a big deal here at the CTM...so send a postcard or something.  Mom, if you got the letter I sent, please pass out the address to everyone and email Elder Baker.  Thank you much! 
    Chris, I am sad to say I think Portuguese is more pretty sounding than Spanish.  LOL.  But Spanish is still easier to understand for me.  LOL. 
    Sorry, I don't type very fast.  I only have eight minutes left.  Oh!  It is still Winter here until September middle-ish...so weather is about 50-70 degrees on average every day.  Sao Paulo has not gotten rain for about two months...which is harsh...i pray for rain.  LOL.  Oh, my Brazilian roommates Sister Oliveira and Sister Hamburgo left this past Tuesday for their missions, so it is just me and Sister Walker right now.  Our roommates were wonderful and I miss them a little.  Even though they didn't speak very much English, they helped us understand as much Portuguese as possible.  They read the Book of Mormon with us mostly every night before they left, and helped us pronounciate words.  It took about thrity minutes to get through two verses so we didn't read much.  LOL. 
   Anyway, I am doing well and surviving.  Loving the Mission Life and loving the Gospel everyday as I prepare to go out and Preach the gospel.  :)  Life is good.  Heavenly Father loves us all and knows every single one of us.  I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true.  :)  I love you all!   I will write again next Wednesday!!! 
 
   Be safe and have fun!  I am doing well and I happy!  Very Happy!
 
I love you!
-Sister Whitley Ann Brickey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment